DIALOGUE PUBLICATIONS | DIALOGUE EVENTS | WORKING GROUP | IN THE PRESS | PARTNERS & SPONSORS
Upcoming Event at the Dialogue:
WHAT DOES NORTH AMERICA'S ENERGY BOOM
MEAN FOR LATIN AMERICA?
9:00 - 10:30 AM
Thursday, April 23rd, 2014
We are delighted to host a discussion of the recent boom in North American unconventional oil and gas and its implications for Latin America. Our panel will feature Edward Morse of Citigroup, Sarah Ladislaw of CSIS, and Francisco Gonzalez of Johns Hopkins - SAIS.
The Energy, Climate Change and Extractive Industries Program seeks to improve understanding and communication on energy policy issues in Latin America through research, public events and roundtable discussions. By producing balanced analysis and convening policymakers, corporate leaders and industry experts, the program informs and shapes policies that promote investment while encouraging economically, socially and environmentally responsible development of natural resources.
Lisa Viscidi, Program Director
Genaro Arriagada, Non Resident Senior Fellow
Paul Shortell, Program Assistant
For more information, contact Paul Shortell at
email@example.com or (202) 463-2933.
PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
- China, Latin America and the United States: A Troubled Energy Triangle, Genaro Arriagada and Ramón Espinasa, April 10, 2014.
- Natural Gas in Central America, Paul Shortell, Kathryn Baragwanath and Carlos Sucre, March 7, 2014
- China, América Latina y Estados Unidos: energía, un triángulo en dificultades, Genaro Arriagada and Ramón Espinasa, February 28, 2014.
- Shale Gas in Latin America: Opportunities and Challenges, David Mares, July 17, 2013.
- Energy in Latin America 2010–2020: Headed for a Lost Decade? Genaro Arriagada in The Americas in Motion: Looking Ahead, April 2013.
- Latin America's Energy Future, Roger Tissot, August 2012.
Click here for more Dialogue publications
- Environment vs. Economy: The Hydropower Debate in Latin America, Lisa Viscidi and Paul Shortell in Latin Business Chronicle, April 14, 2014.
- Latin America Seeks Place in Oil's New World Order, Lisa Viscidi in Business News Americas, April 3, 2014.
- Is Brazil's Petrobras on the Right Track? Lisa Viscidi in Latin America Advisor, March 20, 2014.
- La crisis energética de Argentina en números, Claudio Loser in Infolatam, January 6, 2014.
- Petróleo y Gas en América Latina: Los mismos guiones, pero con distintos elencos, Claudio Loser in Infolatam, December 16, 2014.
- My Way or 'The Trail,' Scott Odell in The Broker, November 21, 2013.
- Argentina's Shale Gas Holds Promise, But Better Policies Needed, Dialogue event in Platts, September 26, 2013.
- Opponents of Fracking Seek to Thwart Shale Gas Financing, Dialogue report in Inter-Press Service, August 18, 2013.
- Latin America's Oil Sector: A Lost Opportunity, November 6, 2013.
- Shale Gas in Latin America, September 25, 2013.
- Perspectives on the Future of China-Venezuela Energy Relations, March 22, 2013.
- Central America: The Politics of Electric Integration, Washington, DC. Oct 28, 2011.
- Security and Energy Policy in Aruba: A Conversation with Prime Minister Mike Eman, Washington, DC, Oct 13 2011.
Click here for more Dialogue events
WORKING GROUP MEETINGS
The Dialogue established its Energy Policy Group in September 2009 with the support and cooperation of the Inter-American Development Bank. Led by Dialogue senior fellow Genaro Arriagada, a distinguished Chilean analyst and former minister of state, the Energy Policy Group consists of a professionally and politically diverse group of some 20 energy analysts, corporate leaders, and policymakers.
Energy Policy Group participants meet two or three times a year to discuss Latin America’s most important energy policy issues and choices. Activities are directed to informing and shaping national and regional policy debates on the energy challenges confronting the countries of Latin America, improving the quality of attention to those challenges, and encouraging multilateral cooperation to address them. Recent meetings include:
- Energy in China and Latin America, Joint meeting of the China-Latin America and Energy Policy working groups, Washington, DC, March 21, 2013. Agenda, Participant List.
- New Challenges in Energy Policy, Washington, DC. Dec 13, 2012; Agenda, Participant List.
- Latin America's Shifting Energy Landscape, Washington, DC, Feb 27, 2012: Agenda, Participant List.
Click here for more Energy Policy Group Meetings