Careers & Internships
Thank you for your interest in joining the Inter-American Dialogue’s growing team! Job opportunities are posted as they become available. Full and part time internship opportunities are available year round to undergraduate and graduate students interested in the dynamics of inter-American relations.
There are no current openings available at this time. Please check back regularly for new opportunities.
The Dialogue is committed to the professional development of young leaders from around the world. Our internship program has provided students and recent graduates with the training and experience they need to kick-start their careers in the public and private sectors. Past interns have gone on to pursue jobs with a wide variety of international organizations, government bodies, think tanks, consulting firms, and private corporations. Interns have expansive duties and play a vital role in the organization’s daily function. In turn, they receive unique exposure to the Washington policy community and unprecedented access to influential leaders from across the Americas.
- Be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated no more than six months prior to the start of the internship
- Demonstrate interest in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Have strong writing and research abilities
- Be proficient in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Be available for a minimum of ten 35-hour weeks during the summer or eight 18-hour weeks during the fall or spring
- Be authorized to accept an internship from any US employer
Applicants should send one e-mail with their application materials. You are encouraged to apply to more than one program. Please rank your order of preferences in the body of your e-mail and in your cover letter. Although the Dialogue does review each resume, the volume of applications we receive makes it impossible for us to communicate directly with all applicants. Internships are unpaid.
The Dialogue is now accepting applications for the Fall 2017 period. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 26. For questions, please e-mail email@example.com
- Education Program
- Energy, Climate Change, and Extractive Industries Program
- Migration, Remittances, and Development Program
- Peter D. Bell Rule of Law Program
- China & Latin America Program
- Office of the President
- Special Events & Conferences
The Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Internships are educational opportunities meant to benefit the intern. Interns work under staff supervision and offers for internships are not guarantees or suggestions of employment after an internship term is over.