Job Opportunity: Program Associate, Special Projects, Office of the President
TITLE: Program Associate, Special Projects, Office of the President
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
For four decades, the Inter-American Dialogue has worked to shape policy debate, devise solutions, and enhance cooperation within the Western Hemisphere. Our most valued asset is our select membership of over 100 distinguished citizens from the United States, Canada, and 23 countries of Latin America, the Caribbean, and Europe. Members actively participate in our work, informing and advancing our vigorous debate. Eighteen Dialogue members served as presidents of their countries, over three dozen have held cabinet-level posts, and twenty-five have served in national legislatures. Our members also come from the business, finance, media, civil society, and academic sectors.
The Dialogue sets itself apart by the reach of its influence, the quality of analysis, and our unique identity as a truly hemispheric organization. Based in Washington, DC, we conduct work throughout the Americas in partnership with leading institutions in areas of crucial importance, such as education, the rule of law, energy and climate change, migration, and the region’s relationship with the rest of the world, particularly Asia.
The Inter-American Dialogue is seeking a Program Associate to join the Office of the President team. The candidate will have initiative, excellent communication, organizational, and administrative skills, outstanding problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish. Candidate must have the capacity to work concurrently and efficiently on multiple projects in a fast-paced office environment. Experience in event planning and gender programming is preferred.
This position is based in Washington, DC, and is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the logistics of public events, conferences, delegations, and ad hoc meetings, including drafting event invitations, making travel and lodging arrangements, identifying and managing vendors; communicating regularly with high-level event participants; and coordinating day-of-execution.
- Create and monitor event budgets and provide financial reports to funders as needed.
- Prepare communications related to events and conferences such as background research, rapporteurs’ report, social media posts and website pages.
- Conduct research and analysis on key issues in hemispheric affairs, as needed. Serve as lead of the Dialogue’s Gender Initiative. Conduct research and analysis on key issues; provide support with the writing and publication of articles, reports, presentations, and interviews on the subject.
- Support the Chief of Staff and President & CEO with fundraising activities related to the Dialogue’s Gender Initiative.
- Oversee Dialogue membership; support prospect research, member cultivation and member communication as well as overall membership strategy.
- Provide administrative and logistical support on other Office of the President projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience working in event planning, program management, external relations.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to balance long-term projects with quick turnaround deliverables. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, and ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven capacity to multitask and work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) as well as databases (Raiser’s Edge) a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required, Portuguese is a plus.
Compensation: Salary US$48,000-54,000 commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
For consideration, please submit the following documents in ONE email to email@example.com: your resume, a cover letter, one writing sample in English, and one in Spanish. In your cover letter please include how you heard about this position. Please indicate your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Position will be open until filled.