Job Opportunity: Program and Database Assistant, Office of the President
TITLE: Program and Database Assistant, Office of the President
REPORTS TO: President and Business Operations Manager
JOB LOCATION: Washington, DC
We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 and expect that part of the onboarding process and first weeks for this role would be a combination of both remote and in-person work.
START DATE: August 24, 2020
The Office of the President is recruiting a Program Assistant to work under the direction of the organization’s President and Business Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will be reliable, have excellent organization and communication skills, be detail-oriented, and have an interest in Western Hemisphere affairs.
Specific responsibilities include:
Assistant to the President:
- Manage President’s appointments, travel arrangements and communications as well as media and public appearances;
- Manage President’s online presence, including publishing on website, and/or using social media applications such as Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Manage financial logistics such as reconciliation of expenditures, timesheets and others;
- Conduct research and analysis on key issues in hemispheric affairs, as needed.
Event Planning & Logistics:
- Manage the logistics of public and private events in the Office of the President;
- Draft and prepare communications related to conferences and events;
- Assist other programs with event logistics and AV needs.
Communications & Research Support:
- Assist with the editing, translating, design, and publication of program reports, memos, press releases, and other materials, as needed;
- Track media mentions and appearances of the Dialogue’s President and other senior staff; distribute this media content in website and social media;
- Coordinate the production of the institutional weekly newsletter.
- Support the successful implementation of new CRM;
- Regularly run queries to identify and correct missing data, duplicate entries, and other quality control;
- Research, create and problem-solve ad-hoc data queries and exports as requested;
- Provide training, user support and ongoing assistance in database problem solving to programs as needed.
General Institutional Support:
- Provide other administration support regarding fundraising activities;
- Answer phones, greet visitors and handle vendor issues, as needed;
- Attend and report on Washington area meetings;
- Supervise and manage workload of intern(s) in the Office of the President;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree; fluency in Spanish and English is required, Portuguese a plus.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills.
- Experience working with databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge).
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms. Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Experience planning and organizing events.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required, along with a willingness to work collaboratively as a team member, and an ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Experience living, working, and/or studying in Latin America and an abiding interest in the region.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
For consideration, please submit the following documents in ONE email to firstname.lastname@example.org: your resume, a cover letter, one writing sample in English and one in Spanish. Please indicate your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line. If you prefer, you may send the materials by fax or mail to Human Resources, Inter-American Dialogue, 1155 15th Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20005. Fax: (202) 822-9553. No phone calls, please.