Internship Opportunity: Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries Program
The Inter-American Dialogue’s Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries Program seeks to improve understanding of and communication on energy and climate policy issues in Latin America through research, public events, and roundtable discussions. By producing balanced analysis and convening policymakers, corporate leaders, and industry experts, we inform and shape policies that promote energy security and climate change mitigation while encouraging economically, socially, and environmentally responsible development of natural resources. The program is currently accepting part-time or full-time unpaid internship applications.
Interns will work directly with the program director, associate, and assistant to:
- Conduct research on a broad variety of energy and environmental topics;
- Closely follow news and track regional developments in relevant sectors;
- Help edit, fact-check, and proofread articles and publications;
- Assist with translation, design, and publication of program reports, articles, agendas, and other materials, as needed;
- Help plan, oversee, take notes, and report on program events;
- Attend and report on events and meetings outside the Dialogue;
- Assist in logistical, administrative, and research assistant responsibilities as needed by the program staff.
- Be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated no more than six months prior to the start of the internship;
- Demonstrate interest in Latin America and the Caribbean, and in policy related to climate, energy, and/or extractive industries;
- Have strong writing and research abilities;
- Be proficient in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese;
- Be available for a minimum of ten 35-hour weeks during the summer or twelve 18-hour weeks during the fall or spring (though full-time availability is generally preferred).
DEADLINE: The application for the Fall 2021 Internship Program is now open and will close on July 30, 2021 at 5 PM ET. Interested applicants can apply here.
NOTE: The Fall 2021 Internship Program will be remote. Applicants do not have to be based in DC. Circumstances permitting, interns may have the opportunity to participate in a combined in-person/remote internship at the Dialogue’s DC office. This may be an option later in the semester. However, interns can still choose to continue their internship remotely if they prefer or if they are not based in DC.
Although the Dialogue does review each resume, the volume of applications we receive makes it impossible for us to communicate directly with all applicants.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Internships are educational opportunities meant to benefit the intern. Interns work under staff supervision and offers for internships are not guarantees or suggestions of employment after an internship term is over.