Remote Internship Opportunity: Latin America Advisor
The Inter-American Dialogue publishes the Latin America Advisor every business day for informed corporate leaders, scholars and government officials who are invested in Latin America’s development and future. Commentators regularly include heads of state, business leaders, diplomats, economists, analysts and thought leaders from around the globe. Many of the world’s most innovative companies subscribe, including Apple, BMW, Citigroup, ExxonMobil, Merck, Mitsubishi, Oracle and Walmart, to name a few, as well as the libraries at Berkeley, Dartmouth, Harvard, Johns Hopkins and Notre Dame, among other leading universities, and government ministries on four continents.
We are looking for an intern to join our team remotely during the spring semester (February-May). Dates are flexible.
Specific intern responsibilities may include:
- Write, copyedit and fact-check articles for daily, weekly and biweekly editions;
- Track news and developments around the region;
- Research and brainstorm topics for the Advisor’s Q&A section;
- Expand and diversify the Advisor’s commentator database;
- Cover news events and write articles about them;
- Assist with the production of the Latin America Advisor’s video series;
- Edit website and assist with social media outreach and communications;
- Help translate content into English;
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the editor and associate editor.
- Be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated no more than a year prior to the start of the internship;
- Demonstrate interest in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Demonstrate interest in journalism;
- Have strong writing and research abilities;
- Be proficient in English and Spanish, with Portuguese a plus;
- Be available for a minimum of 16- to 20-hour weeks;
- Be eligible to accept an internship from any US employer. If you are a student in the US but a resident of another country, you must have a current valid visa.
HOW TO APPLY: The application for Spring 2021 will open on Friday, January 8. Please submit application material, including CV/résumé, cover letter, writing sample in English (1-2 pages) and a letter of recommendation (optional), to email@example.com.
DEADLINE: The deadline is January 28, but please note that applications will start being reviewed on January 21.
Although the Dialogue does review each resume, the volume of applications we receive makes it impossible for us to communicate directly with all applicants.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Internships are educational opportunities meant to benefit the intern. Interns work under staff supervision and offers for internships are not guarantees or suggestions of employment after an internship term is over.