Job Opportunity: Program Assistant, Think Tank Haiti
TITLE: Program Assistant, Think Tank Haiti
REPORTS TO: President Emeritus & Senior Fellow, Inter-American Dialogue
The Inter-American Dialogue seeks an entry or mid-level staff member to help coordinate and develop a new program at the Inter-American Dialogue called Think Tank Haiti (TTH). The program is jointly managed by the Inter-American Dialogue and Haiti’s Quisqueya University in Port-au-Prince. It is aimed at building a Haitian capacity to analyze, understand, and respond to the multiple, devastating challenges confronting the nation. Operationally, TTH will establish a network of prominent Haitian policy professionals and international experts to produce high-quality, focused analysis of the obstacles to political, social, and economic advance, and develop practical ideas and proposals for addressing them.
The Think Tank Haiti (TTH) initiative is recruiting an individual with a demonstrated interest in the politics and economics of Haiti and who has strong research, writing, communication, and organizational skills. The position will require a person with energy, creativity, and flexibility to work across multiple tasks. It will demand someone who takes initiative, is careful with details, and can work in both a team setting and independently. The staff member will report to Dialogue President Emeritus & Senior Fellow Peter Hakim and work closely with Haitian and DC-based staff and members of the TTH steering committee.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Regular reporting on developments in Haiti, the country’s relations with the United States, and other international and regional actors, as well as on international policy debates and decisions regarding Haiti
- Drafting invitation letters to a variety of TTH events
- Helping organize and manage private meetings and public discussions, preparing notes and reports on their results
- Attending and reporting on relevant meetings in Washington and other venues
- Drafting, reviewing and editing documents prepared by TTH associates
- Drafting narrative and budget reports for funders
- Joining other Dialogue and Quisqueya staff to meet administrative and institutional needs
- Strong writing, research, and analytic skills
- A strong interest in Haiti and good knowledge of the country
- Language competence in French and either English or Spanish
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in political science or related field
For consideration, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and brief writing samples in French and English or Spanish to email@example.com. In your cover letter please include how you heard about this position. Indicate the position and your last name in the subject line. This position is open immediately, please submit your application as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.
A Washington-based think tank, the Inter-American Dialogue engages our network of global leaders to foster democratic governance, prosperity, and social equity in Latin America and the Caribbean. Together, we work to shape policy debate, devise solutions, and enhance cooperation within the Western Hemisphere.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.