Job Opportunity: Development Assistant
TITLE: Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
The Inter-American Dialogue is seeking a Development Assistant to support the Office of the President with a wide range of activates relating to fundraising and development efforts. Working closely with the President & CEO and Development team, the Development Assistant will manage special events, lead on donor tracking and communications, and manage the organization’s database. This opportunity allows a highly organized individual to join a collaborative team focused on democratic governance, prosperity and social equity in Latin America and the Caribbean, while developing their skills in event planning and fundraising. The successful candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment and have excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to perform effectively in both English and Spanish.
This position is based in Washington, DC, and is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the organization’s fundraising database; track and acknowledge contributions in the database.
- Invoice supporters and collect pledge payments, send timely gift acknowledgments.
- Update fundraising statistics and prepare donations reports for the President, the Board of Directors, and other key staff members.
- Support prospect research and assist in preparing briefs for donor meetings.
- Participate in grant writing, in partnership with Development and Program teams.
- Coordinate mailings of solicitation letters for the Associate Program and Annual Campaign.
- Assist with the production of the organization’s annual report.
- Together with the Communications team, update and oversee production of promotional materials.
- Manage the planning and execution of the Dialogue’s Annual Awards Gala.
- Oversee the logistics of the President’s Leadership Council annual meeting as well as other stewardship events.
- Assist with correspondence for the Dialogue’s Corporate Program including marketing and membership renewal processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with event management and coordination; experience with professional fundraising preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, meeting competing deadlines.
- Experience with database software such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge. Experience with design tools such as InDesign and Canva desirable.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required, Portuguese is a plus.
Compensation: Salary US$44,000-48,000 commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
For consideration, please submit the following documents in ONE email to email@example.com: your resume, a cover letter, one writing sample in English, and one in Spanish. In your cover letter please include how you heard about this position. Please indicate your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Position will be open until filled.