Job Opportunity: Communications Associate
TITLE: Communications Associate
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
The Inter-American Dialogue is seeking a Communications Associate to support external communications and media relations at the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong time management and problem-solving skills and will be able to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish. They will lead the implementation of the Dialogue’s new strategic communications plan, create digital and print content for the organization, as well as build connections with media across the hemisphere.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead the development and implementation of the organization’s communications plan. Monitor, evaluate, and revise the plan over time using metrics and other analytic tools.
- Develop targeted communications plans as needed to promote large events, report launches, etc.
- Serve as the organization’s spokesperson and primary media contact. Establish and maintain relationships with key national and international media.
- Assist in identifying spaces for senior staff to take on media-facing opportunities and organize press releases, conferences, and private briefings as needed.
- Oversee the development and distribution of all print and electronic materials to ensure all materials are consistent with the Dialogue brand and voice.
- Create and distribute content for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).
- Coordinate the release of email campaigns via Mailchimp and produce the Dialogue’s weekly institutional newsletter.
- Oversee the Dialogue’s website, review and produce content, maintain the relationship and workflow of website developer.
- Prepares and presents clear reports to the President & CEO and Board of Directors, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience working in external communications.
- Experience with press/media relations.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to balance long-term projects with quick turnaround deliverables. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, and ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with communications tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp, InDesign, and Canva. Demonstrated competency in social media outreach, especially on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required, Portuguese is a plus.
Compensation: Salary US$48,000-52,000 commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
For consideration, please submit the following documents in ONE email to firstname.lastname@example.org: your resume, a cover letter, one writing sample in English, and one in Spanish. In your cover letter please include how you heard about this position. Please indicate your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Position will be open until filled.