Job Opportunity: Communications Assistant
TITLE: Communications Assistant
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
The Inter-American Dialogue is seeking a Communications Assistant to support all external communications at the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong time management and problem-solving skills and will be able to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish. The Communications Assistant will aid in the implementation of the Dialogue’s new strategic communications plan, create digital and print content for the organization, as well as track important data points and key metrics.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of all print and electronic materials (reports, blogs, fact sheets, etc.) to ensure all materials are consistent with the Dialogue brand and voice;
- Oversee the Dialogue’s website, review and produce content, maintain the relationship and workflow of website developer;
- Create and distribute content for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) in order to broaden our audience, connections, and organizational network;
- Manage the release of all email campaigns via Mailchimp and produce the Dialogue’s weekly institutional newsletter;
- Develop targeted communications plans as needed to promote large events, report launches, our annual gala, etc.;
- Organize press releases and press roundtables and promote the Dialogue as a go-to resource on priority themes;
- Help to identify spaces for senior staff to take on media-facing opportunities;
- Track and report on performance metrics including website, email campaigns and social media analytics.
- Two or more years of experience working in external communications;
- Outstanding writing and editing skills. Strong attention to detail;
- Proven ability to balance long-term projects with quick turnaround deliverables;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Self-motivated, creative, and ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with communications tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp, InDesign, and Canva;
- Demonstrated competency in social media outreach, especially on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook;
- Experience with press or media relations a plus;
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required, Portuguese is a plus.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
For consideration, please submit the following documents in ONE email to email@example.com: your resume, a cover letter, one writing sample in English, and one in Spanish. In your cover letter please include how you heard about this position. Please indicate your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Position will be open until filled.