Internship Opportunity: Office of the President – Development & Communications
The Dialogue’s Development & Communications team manages all outreach campaigns for the Dialogue, the Dialogue’s communication strategy, public relations and its flagship event the Leadership for the Americas Awards Gala as well as relations with the President’s Leadership Council.
Note: the Development & Communications department at the Dialogue focuses on the institutional development and strategy of the organization. This internship is NOT associated with international development of Latin America and/or the Caribbean. For international development opportunities, see the Migration, Remittances & Development internship team here.
An intern working with the Dialogue’s Development & Communications Program can expect to perform the following tasks:
- Work directly with the Deputy to the President, and Communications Manager and Coordinator;
- Provide administrative and logistical support and research assistance in preparation for the President’s Leadership Council meeting and Leadership for the Americas Awards Gala;
- Assist with profile research and help coordinate mailings of solicitation letters;
- Assist with the monitoring of communication analytics using applications such as Google Analytics;
- Help inform the Dialogue’s presence on social media, including publishing on website and using social media applications such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn;
- Help prepare mail and email solicitation for the Associate Program;
- Provide administrative support regarding fundraising activities, corporate relations, and high-profile donors;
- Conduct research on key issues in Hemispheric affairs including democratic governance, US policy towards Latin America and trade;
- Attend and report on virtual meetings and events related to the Latin America and Caribbean region;
- Assist in preparation and logistics for private and public events
- Other responsibilities relating to development and external relations as assigned by the Director.
- Be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated no more than six months prior to the start of the internship;
- Demonstrate interest in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Have strong writing and research abilities;
- Be proficient in English and Spanish and / or Portuguese;
- Be available for a minimum of eight sixteen- to twenty-hour weeks during the fall and spring terms or thirty to forty hours a week during the summer term;
DEADLINE: The application for the Fall 2021 Internship Program is now open and will close on July 30, 2021 at 5 PM ET. Interested applicants can apply here.
NOTE: The Fall 2021 Internship Program will be remote. Applicants do not have to be based in DC. Circumstances permitting, interns may have the opportunity to participate in a combined in-person/remote internship at the Dialogue’s DC office. This may be an option later in the semester. However, interns can still choose to continue their internship remotely if they prefer or if they are not based in DC.
Although the Dialogue does review each resume, the volume of applications we receive makes it impossible for us to communicate directly with all applicants.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Internships are educational opportunities meant to benefit the intern. Interns work under staff supervision and offers for internships are not guarantees or suggestions of employment after an internship term is over.