Job Opportunity: Program Assistant, Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries
Program Assistant, Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries
Program Director, Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries
The Inter-American Dialogue, a Washington-based think tank, engages our network of global leaders to foster democratic governance, prosperity, and social equity in Latin America and the Caribbean. Together, we work to shape policy debate, devise solutions, and enhance cooperation within the Western Hemisphere. Eighteen members of the Dialogue have served as presidents of their countries, and more than three dozen have served at the cabinet level. For consecutive years, the University of Pennsylvania has ranked the Dialogue among the top 2 percent of U.S. think tanks. London’s Prospect Magazine recently named the Dialogue “US Think Tank of the Year.”
We are looking for a Program Assistant to work with the Director of the Dialogue’s Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries program. The successful candidate will have initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish. This position is based in Washington, DC.
This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week).
The Inter-American Dialogue’s Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries Program seeks to improve understanding of and communication on energy and climate policy issues in Latin America through research, public events, and roundtable discussions. By producing balanced analysis and convening policymakers, corporate leaders, and industry experts, we inform and shape policies that promote energy security and climate change mitigation while encouraging economically, socially, and environmentally responsible development of natural resources.
- Conduct research and analysis on key issues related to energy, climate change, and extractive industries in the Western Hemisphere.
- Provide research support to the program director for articles, reports, presentations, press interviews, and meetings and occasionally co-author written pieces.
- Assist with the editing, translation, design, and publication of program reports, memos, and other materials.
- Manage the logistics of public events, conferences, delegations, and meetings, as required, including drafting event agendas, emailing invitations, and managing attendee lists, and draft event summaries.
- Oversee the selection and management of the program intern(s) each semester in collaboration with Dialogue’s intern coordinators.
- Manage program communications, including email and social media campaigns.
- Provide assistance with fundraising and donor management to the program director as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff on major Dialogue events.
- BA degree in International Relations, Political Science, Latin American Studies, or other relevant degree, with strong academic credentials.
- Demonstrated interest in policy related to energy, climate change, and/or extractive industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience (1 year preferred) living, working, and/or studying in Latin America.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required, Portuguese a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proven capacity to multitask and work independently as well as in a team.
For consideration, please submit your resume, a cover letter, one writing sample in English, and one writing sample in Spanish to email@example.com and indicate the position and your last name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Position will be open until filled.
The Inter-American Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.