PUBLICATIONS | EVENTS | ARTICLES & OP-EDS | PRESS | PRESENTATIONS | PARTNERS & SPONSORS
Climate Change in Latin America:
The outlook for COP 20 and beyond
Earth From Outer Space / Thang Nguyen / CC BY-SA 2.0
In December world leaders will travel to Lima, Peru to participate in United Nations COP 20 talks – the first major climate change summit to be held in Latin America since 2010. On November 6th, the Dialogue hosted an expert panel to discuss the prospects for a more comprehensive agreement. Read more on climate policy from our experts in the Financial Times and Latin America Advisor.
Navigating Risk in Brazil's Energy Sector:
The Chinese Approach
VI Cúpula do Brics / Blog do Planalto / CC 2.0
Highlighting findings from a public meeting on Chinese investment in Brazil’s energy sector, the Dialogue's new report analyzes critical challenges to investing in Brazil’s oil and gas, electricity generation and transmission sectors from the perspective of Chinese companies and identifies opportunities for cooperation and policy improvement. Read the report.
The Energy, Climate Change and Extractive Industries Program seeks to improve understanding and communication on energy policy issues in Latin America through research, public events and roundtable discussions. By producing balanced analysis and convening policymakers, corporate leaders and industry experts, the program informs and shapes policies that promote investment while encouraging economically, socially and environmentally responsible development of natural resources.
The Energy Program is now accepting internship applications for Spring 2015. Click here for more information.
Lisa Viscidi, Program Director
Genaro Arriagada, Non-Resident Senior Fellow
For more information, contact (202) 463-2571.
PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
- Navigating Risk in Brazil's Energy Sector: The Chinese Approach, Lisa Viscidi and Margaret Myers, October 2, 2014.
- Chinese Mining Activity in Latin America: A Review of Recent Findings, Iacob Koch-Weser, September 24, 2014.
- A Brighter Future for Mexico: The Promise and Challenge of Electricity Reform, Lisa Viscidi and Paul Shortell, June 12, 2014. (Español) (Chinese)
- Informe avance SIEPAC y propuesa de medidas, Genaro Arriagada, June 10, 2014
- Natural Gas in Central America, Paul Shortell, Kathryn Baragwanath and Carlos Sucre, March 7, 2014
- Shale Gas in Latin America: Opportunities and Challenges, David Mares, July 17, 2013.
- Climate Change and Latin America: The outlook for COP 20 and beyond, November 6, 2014.
- Workshop on Refining Markets in Latin America, October 1, 2014.
- Perspectives on Energy and Mining in Colombia, August 28, 2014.
- The Outlook for Brazil’s Oil and Gas Sector, June 26, 2014.
- Mexico’s Energy Reform: Assessing the Secondary Legislation June 24, 2014.
- Mexico's Energy Reforms: What's Next for Gas and Electricity? June 6, 2014.
- A Conversation on China-Brazil Energy Relations, May 20, 2014. Hosted in coordination with FIESP.
- What Does North America's Energy Boom Mean for Latin America? April 23, 2014.
- How Would an End to the US Export Ban affect the Region?, Lisa Viscidi in the Latin America Advisor, November 30, 2014
- Why Investors Shouldn't Overlook Argentina's Energy Reforms, Juan Cruz Diaz and Lisa Viscidi in Oil Price, October 30, 2014.
- Falling Oil Prices Push Venezuela, Maduro Closer to the Edge, Paul Shortell in World Politics Review, October 22, 2014.
- How Latin America is making the case for green growth, Lisa Viscidi and Paul Shortell in FT beyondbrics, October 10, 2014.
- How lack of skills can derail Mexico’s energy reform, Jason Fargo in PREAL Blog, August 12, 2014. (Español)
- In Need of Investment, Peru Rolls Back Environmental Standards, Paul Shortell in World Politics Review, July 28, 2014.
- La difícil búsqueda del equilibrio, Lisa Viscidi in El Tiempo, July 11, 2014. (English).
- The Future Still Looks Bright for Brazil's Energy Giant, Petrobras, Lisa Viscidi in Oil Price, May 1, 2014.
- Environment vs. Economy: The Hydropower Debate in Latin America, Lisa Viscidi and Paul Shortell in Latin Business Chronicle, April 14, 2014.
- Colombian Rebels' Attacks Set Back Nation, Lisa Viscidi in the Wall Street Journal, November 7, 2014.
- Colombia eyes interconnection with Chile, Lisa Viscidi in Business News Americas, September 26, 2014.
- Petroleras podrían abandonar el país ante pesimismo de inversionistas, Lisa Viscidi in El Tiempo, September 12, 2014.
- Mexico energy reform gives Colombia the jitters, Lisa Viscidi in Business News Americas, September 11, 2014.
- La baja en precios de la electricidad se dará hasta 2040: expertos, Lisa Viscidi and Paul Shortell in Yancuic, July 21, 2014.
- Reforma energética fracasará si no bajan tarifas eléctricas: expertos, Lisa Viscidi and Paul Shortell in El Financiero, July 10, 2014.
- Shale boom confounds forecasts as US set to pass Russia, Saudi Arabia, Lisa Viscidi in Reuters, July 9, 2014.
- Energy: Back to black, Lisa Viscidi and Paul Shortell in Financial Times, June 23, 2014.
The views expressed by the Inter-American Dialogue do not necessarily reflect those of its sponsors