Careers & Internships
Thank you for your interest in joining the Inter-American Dialogue’s growing team! Job opportunities are posted as they become available. Full and part time internship opportunities are available year round to undergraduate and graduate students interested in the dynamics of inter-American relations.
The Dialogue is committed to the professional development of young leaders from around the world. Our internship program has provided students and recent graduates with the training and experience they need to kick-start their careers in the public and private sectors. Past interns have gone on to pursue jobs with a wide variety of international organizations, government bodies, think tanks, consulting firms, and private corporations. Interns have expansive duties and play a vital role in the organization’s daily function. In turn, they receive unique exposure to the Washington policy community and unprecedented access to influential leaders from across the Americas.
- Be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated no more than six months prior to the start of the internship
- Demonstrate interest in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Have strong writing and research abilities
- Be proficient in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Be available for a minimum of ten 35-hour weeks during the summer or eight 18-hour weeks during the fall or spring
- Be authorized to accept an internship from any US employer
Applicants should specify the program with which they would like to work in their cover letter and on the subject line of their e-mail. You are encouraged to apply to more than one program. Just rank your order of preferences on your e-mail and cover letter. Although the Dialogue does review each resume, the volume of applications we receive makes it impossible for us to communicate directly with all applicants. Internships are unpaid.
The Dialogue is not accepting applications for internships at this time. Please check back over the summer for information regarding Fall 2017 Internships. For questions, please e-mail email@example.com
- Education Program
- Energy, Climate Change, and Extractive Industries Program
- Migration, Remittances, and Development Program
- Peter D. Bell Rule of Law Program
- China & Latin America Program (not open Summer 2017)
- Office of the President
- Special Events & Conferences (not open Summer 2017)
- Latin America Advisor (not open Summer 2017)
- Spanish Speaking Accounting Intern (paid position)
The Dialogue is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Internships are educational opportunities meant to benefit the intern. Interns work under staff supervision and offers for internships are not guarantees or suggestions of employment after an internship term is over.